TrackIR 5

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
bierbaer
Co-Founder

TrackIR 5

Post by bierbaer » Thursday 25. May 2017, 23:33

I've ordered trackir 5 yesterday. It should be here tomorrow or Saturday. Anyone using it in game? It's too late now to ask the question but I wonder if it is going to improve the inf game at all. But I can imagine its quite welcomed for the commander when tanking and of course definitely flying.
It's the first step of going all bananas. I'm currently fighting with myself if I should go for a bad ass stick and pedals in order to learn to fly. I haven't made a decision yet. And I thought there's a use for trackir regarless if I'm going to fly later or not. So I got it. Anyway, anyone using it in game?

bb

njord88

Re: TrackIR 5

Post by njord88 » Friday 26. May 2017, 04:15

if not mistaken, the player Jarve uses one he build. theres a nother player on axis that uses, ask jarve for help

Iksi

Post by Iksi » Friday 26. May 2017, 20:59

Ive used trackir for around 3 years for my flightsims,original il2,il2 BOS and DCS and i also use it in ww2ol but not for tanking or inf just for flying. I found that i didnt like it much for tanks and infantry but maybe you will so give it a try!

For sticks i have a hotas cougar, saitek x52 ,microsoft sidewinder ffb2 and some old saitek rudder pedals. I LOVE the old microsoft stick, its very presice and comfortable to use so its the one i use probably 90 % of the time. the rudders is very seldom in use since the ms one is with twist rudder and ive become so used to it that i feel i have more control with that than using pedals. The cougar is also a very good stick and its in metal,very sturdy and heavy, this without forcefeedback since its an f16 replica. The Saitek i dont like at all! except for the throttle wich i use in combo with the Microsoft joystick.

If i was you i would read around on different flightsim forums before you decide what you want, and check Ebay if you dont mind a second hand stick. Im on my second MS ffb2 and i bought it on Ebay 3-4 years ago and ive had no trouble with it so far.

bierbaer
Co-Founder

Post by bierbaer » Sunday 28. May 2017, 17:42

Alright, got it delivered yesterday and of course I had to try it out right away. What I did not know is that the game (ww2ol) seems to support only 2 axes and not all 3 (x,y,z). I was not able to configure the z axis in game. Otherwise setup was pretty dang fast. Plug in, install the software and basically do some in game configurations under view (x and y axis).

Had to fight with a litlle bit of motion sickness in the beginning but from what I've heard that it is normal

Here one He111 sortie with trackir

And here one Infantry sortie with trackir

As for sticks and pedals, IF I will go for it then I think my decision is already made. I will go fully nuts and probably will go with a Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog and MFG Crosswinds pedals. But as this is a expensive decision I will not do it right now :P

bb

shagher

Post by shagher » Monday 29. May 2017, 19:11

Very nice...
I like that you can look in an angle to the window of the CP and still keep your aim and Visu of the staircase...

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Monday 29. May 2017, 22:50

S! Ok BB has officially gone off the deep end. Some one needs to reel him back in.

Eesti
Communication & Recruiting Officer

Post by Eesti » Tuesday 30. May 2017, 20:06

LOLLL Hastien!
Communication & Recruiting Officer