Comp woes

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
Hastien
Commanding Officer

Comp woes

Post by Hastien » Wednesday 3. May 2017, 19:28

S! All. If you can't tell I am sending you this update by iPhone. So my computer is dead and sent to shop. My suspicions were correct. The hard drive that was in comp is totally fried. The store even had me come in and look at the drive. The whole inside was melted and one of the disks was completely gone. I have already ordered a ssd and a sata drive and setting up raid one on comp. it should be done in next couple days. Wife seems to think i did this on purpose to get new ssd. Stupid woman. Keep fighting I'll be back real soon.

bierbaer
Co-Founder

Re: Comp woes

Post by bierbaer » Wednesday 3. May 2017, 21:55

lol ouch. Never had a fried drive. PSU issue or was the drive faulty?

bb

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Wednesday 3. May 2017, 22:25

S! BB. power supply is fine and steady. They think it was faulty or a part has worn out. Since it was about 8 years old, im gonna say part worn out somewhere. Plus with the kids constantly hitting the power button like a mouse button constantly, this may have contributed to it. I have built a hood for the power button on main comp so when it gets back from repairs and set up, it will be protected. The second comp which i just got back up and running, replaced motherboard and processor to speed it up, is still not a good comp, but it works. No i cannot make hood for 2nd comp. My guess was and overload of power to the HD when it started up. Maybe a resistor went out or something (not electrician) but man it was really burnt up. Im just glad the rest of my comp was ok. I was wondering why i couldnt get past bios screen and still dont know how comp was able to chow me that part. Im just glad it stopped there and didnt damage video or anything else. they finishing up testing the rest of the equipment and motherboard while waiting for SSD to show up. meanwhile the wife is having me do laundry. Man they got to hurry up, this sucks.

Eesti
Communication & Recruiting Officer

Post by Eesti » Thursday 4. May 2017, 06:10

Guess you should have press F4 when it was the right time......

(then that's where my computer knowledge stops......)
Communication & Recruiting Officer

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Tuesday 9. May 2017, 23:47

S! Just got comp back from shop. I will be leaving to help Mom in Illinois on thursday. I will be gone a week. I am going to try like hell to get your sigs finished before i leave. Keep fighting and pushing the map. I will be back soon and ready to fight once again by your side.

bierbaer
Co-Founder

Post by bierbaer » Wednesday 10. May 2017, 08:38

Good to hear Hastien! Will see ya when you get back! Greetings to your mum!

bb