Ok you guys with your fancy-ass mechanical keyboards...

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
Sascha

Ok you guys with your fancy-ass mechanical keyboards...

Post by Sascha » Friday 27. May 2016, 11:17

I just did some housekeeping and started throwing old shit away. I was just about to throw out my Corsair K90 Vengeance keyboard which I hadn't been using for about a year ever since it started generating random characters on certain keystrokes for no apparent reason. But I thought I would give it one more go before it went into the trash.

And lo and behold: It seems to actually work again. Bloody miracle-tech this... let it sit on a shelf for a year and it'll fix itself.. lol.

I think it may have something to do with one or multiple of the USB-ports on my MoBo going bad. I plugged it into my two frontal USB 2.0 ports (keyboard has two USB-plugs) and all seems to work fine - for now at least. I also didn't install the Corsair drivers - it's identified as a generic keyboard by Windows - but the awesome volume knob still works. Weird.

In any case.. Since I am a sane person and thus use PTT instead of voice-activation in TS, I'm shooting a video on my cell-phone right now, just so you'll know just how much *more* noise compared to your puny Razer keyboards I am able to generate with this thing .... Ha! I laugh at you and your lack of manly keyboard-noise!!! :D

S.

bierbaer
Co-Founder

Re: Ok you guys with your fancy-ass mechanical keyboards...

Post by bierbaer » Friday 27. May 2016, 12:06

I'm still using the mechanical keyboard tho still got not used to the noise yet. Besides the silence I do miss the display of my old logitech G510.

bb

Sascha

Post by Sascha » Friday 27. May 2016, 15:33

Bah.. it seems I was a bit premature with my post. Friggin thing worked great for an hour and then it started acting up again. INSERT would generate DELETE keystroke, cursor up would generate num-pad + keystroke, etc.

€130 for this thing and it seems I'm not the only one who had the problem. Found a bunch of guys online who supposedly fixed this stuff, followed their procedures to the letter ... but no joy. Maybe, just maybe it's my MoBo which has 6 USB 3.0 connectors on the back and no 2.0 ones. The only ones that are 2.0 are the front-panel ones which you have to connect directly to the mainboard from your case. I even went as far as updating my BIOS, thinking that it might be an issue with the USB-connectors. Which resulted in me finally OCing the PC again.. forgot that I had let it revert to the standard clock-speeds when I can run it at over 4.0 GHz.. :D

I found an old thread of mine on the Corsair board and they already told me back then that without a receipt they won't RDM the keyboard. And since I don't have a receipt anymore.. *sigh*

Makes me rethink my attitude towards Corsair which I generally like as a company and for their fine products. I think I'll give their customer support one more shot and if that doesn't help, I guess it's off to the Wertstoffhof for the most expensive (and least durable) keyboard I've ever had.

Oh well.. back to my old (and not noisy enough) Sidewinder X4. But at least that thing works, offers more functions than the K90 and was less than half its price..

S.

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Thursday 21. July 2016, 00:29

S! If my g15 keyboard goes im going to hate life. I use the display so much especially for team speak to see who is talking or joined in on channel. Yeah sure i could use Project kryptonite or just use my mac to see who logged in, but i love the display. Plus, while working on signatures and suck, ill listen to music and i can see display and the lyrics if i choose too. I also like being able to dim the lights as well. I do wish they would have kept the 15 G keys instead of having to pic the m keys above, but oh well. As for you mechanical type keyboard guys. If your keyboard goes kaput, dont throw away. People are buying these things up for a good amount of money. For what you say. Steam Punk keyboards and computers. They want the sound of the old type writer sounding keys and will pay really good money for them. last week a keyboard went for 500.00 US. dollars. So think twice for throwing them away.

Sascha

Post by Sascha » Monday 1. August 2016, 18:02

Yeah sure i could use Project kryptonite
Naw... none of the overlay-solutions I've tried really work. I tried both Kryptonite and the built-in TS-overlay and both would act up on me and stop working for some reason.

I wish I had a dedicated display like the one on the Logitech keyboards for that stuff, even though I'm currently using my 2nd monitor to run TS on and check the comms-list. But that too isn't ideal, IMO, especially if you have other stuff open (like the HC-panel or a sapper-guide).

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Tuesday 2. August 2016, 01:00

S! Yeah, since my upgrade to windows 10, kryptonite quit working as well as the overwolf. Good thing is I have the G15 keyboard. bad thing is I have to look down at screen to see who is talking if I do not know who they are.