PSU died

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
bierbaer
Co-Founder

Re: PSU died

Post by bierbaer » Friday 13. May 2016, 19:23

Getting really frustrated. Got a new battery. The battery sits beneath the video card. So I got to get the vid card out. I noticed the lever of the pci-e slot was already broke. Great. Vid card doesn't move at all. Broke the remaining part of the lever. Vid card still doesn't move at all. Dunno what to do but to use force

bb

Nozzred

Post by Nozzred » Friday 13. May 2016, 19:55

Get someone to help you remove the card.
You work on releasing it and another that's ready to pull the card when its done.

bierbaer
Co-Founder

Post by bierbaer » Friday 13. May 2016, 20:15

Well good news is that the vid card is out. Bad news is that changing battery didn't do anything

bb

Sascha

Post by Sascha » Friday 13. May 2016, 22:31

bierbaer wrote:Well good news is that the vid card is out. Bad news is that changing battery didn't do anything

bb

Prolly safest solution would be to start with the PSU and work your way towards the problem from there. Meaning: Take it out and to a place like Conrad Electronic or a "PC doctor" to let them check if the PSU is ok or not. If it's not the PSU, I would suspect that the mainboard might have an issue. No idea what it could be though.

Other than that I can't tell you more than what I can find on google:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/lapto ... t-3528959/

Sucks to not have you in game with us, BB.. :(

bierbaer
Co-Founder

Post by bierbaer » Saturday 14. May 2016, 12:45

no worries, I'll be back in business shortly. Got a new rig just now. Guess the best I could get for the money with quite some compromises but well, lets see. Just gotta reinstall windows

bb

Sascha

Post by Sascha » Sunday 15. May 2016, 08:46

bierbaer wrote:no worries, I'll be back in business shortly. Got a new rig just now. Guess the best I could get for the money with quite some compromises but well, lets see. Just gotta reinstall windows

bb
LOL.. and after reading that, I thought you had bought an Aldi-PC or something. Little did I know that you actually got the Bugatti-Veyron of PCs...

Time to post some pics and brag about your new rig, BB... :D