Computer?

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
Hastien
Commanding Officer

Re: Computer?

Post by Hastien » Friday 6. May 2016, 17:21

S! Thanks for the info. My dad uses his old 30+ inch tv. his eye sight is real bad. he has the 550ti card in his computer and wants to use that so he can see better. Only problem is, when he go to the computer selection on his tv, and then turns on computer it either, cuts some of the screen off which he cant see icons, or it is way to small. I went home last year to try to fix it for him. Still sucks. Ive got to find a better way for him to do it so he doesnt have to keep changing his video settings everytime he wants to play a game. he is currently using a HDMI from video card to tv. He then also used the DVI hook ups as well with the same result. Im thinking it has something to do with the compatibility in video setttings that are not working. Ill will try again sometime when i get back down there. if anyone has any ideas let me know. Take care and have fun and see you in game soon.

Nozzred

Post by Nozzred » Saturday 7. May 2016, 13:07

New serie of nVidia is here: http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-gtx-1080/
More info and test will flood the internet.

Seems to get to stores in the end of this month.

Nozzred

Post by Nozzred » Tuesday 10. May 2016, 17:29

https://teksyndicate.com/videos/crossov ... unt-ips-4k

An review on a monitor 32 inch at 4K

Sascha

Post by Sascha » Thursday 12. May 2016, 10:26

While that thing will probably cost a fortune, I would definitely go for a case with easily removable dust-filters next time around. Mine has filters, but they are so awkward to install/remove for cleaning. Especially the bottom filter (under the PSU-fan) is a pain - I have to basically flip the case on its side every time I want to get to that thing.

S.

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Thursday 12. May 2016, 15:26

S! As for dust filters, i kinda made some on my own. I had a case that had some on inside that clipped on. With a exact o knife, i made new clamps out of the originals to fit my current case. One small pull on a tab and it comes off easily. I have 3 that i use now, one for the top fans before water cooler, one for the PSU and one for the front water cooler for the Video card area. the only problem will be if I get a different style case or keep the one that I have and make another computer that wont be replacing this one. Which will be the second option im sure. Ive seen 3 cases and they all talk about pain in ass filter changes. Also, does anyone have theirs mounted up off the floor like on a cart? How much less debris are you getting. My cart has a Bottom screen on one end for a filter (i made) to help with this.

Sascha

Post by Sascha » Thursday 12. May 2016, 16:18

I'm using these where I can:

http://www.demcifilter.com/

Got a generic one sitting over my rear upper intake (where air gets sucked in and through the H60's radiator) and another over the bottom opening for the PSU-fan.

The outer "frame" is magnetic and will stick to your case - and the filter itself is incredibly fine but doesn't block airflow. Material looks even "finer" than the filter you'd find on a clothes-dryer.

Great filters - and they even survived a cleaning session in the dishwasher ... I smoke at the PC, so they do get quite disgusting after a while and simply brushing them out over a sink isn't enough ... :eek:

OTOH, my case still looks pretty clean on the inside - even after 2 years or so. My last case was completely filter-less and you don't want to know how that thing looked after a while ... :?

sumitk

Post by sumitk » Thursday 4. May 2017, 10:32

Samsung and Crucial both are good SSD...but if I were you I will go with Samsung..their SSDs are more reliable than crucial.check these magazines or blog they all mention samsung in their top of the list.
Last edited by bierbaer on Thursday 4. May 2017, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Not a validated user. Removed links