The World we live in

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
Hastien
Commanding Officer

The World we live in

Post by Hastien » Thursday 10. March 2016, 02:33

S! Whips. What kind of world do we live in where if your washing machine breaks down and you call a repair company to fix your machine and they charge you 89 dollars to diagnose the problem then tell you what problem is, then tell you they have to place order for such item. This part I am ok with. I know not all company's will have every part in inventory and will have to order. What i do have a problem with is, the same company charging me 89 dollars to come back the 2nd day (or whenever the part comes in) to fix your machine. Not only that, they were not even able to fix the machine and would only refund me the 265 for the part. They still charged me the 89 dollars for service call. So why am i paying again for a service call that should have been fixed the first day? Not only that but, does the machine work? Is the machine put back together? Did you do anything to fix the problem I am having? (all the answers are NO by the way) So why should I be paying for the second service call when nothing was done? Your business is 1/2 hr drive from my house. So did you use 89 dollars worth of fuel...I think NOT. Did you fix anything at all...Still saying NO here! So what is the 89 (second time paying) for. So i literally spent 400+ dollars to have someone come by and take my machine apart and leave it that way so i can spend 800 more dollars to get a new machine. Oh by the way, the machine is 3 years old and in mint condition, other than the bearings need replaced. So i asked the place where I have just spent money getting a new washer, about the 89 dollar service call. He said that is standard practice. Every time they have to come, they have to charge. Even if they do not fix things. So this is the world we live in today. Screw your customers and have them keep on paying. So in closing....They learned their business mechanics from CRS. Dont fix anything and keep asking and charging more money. Just kidding about CRS it just fit. The top part is where i have been all day. Man am i ticked!!!!! :evil:

bierbaer
Co-Founder

Re: The World we live in

Post by bierbaer » Thursday 10. March 2016, 10:01

While I can understand your frustration the guy you talked to is right. The $89 fee most likely contains travel expenses and an man hour as the technician who is travelling to the customer is not productive while travelling, further more most likely 0.25 man hours for deposition. On top of that you can expect at least a margin of 35%. Depending on the skill level and degree of the technician the $89 fee could as well contain two man hours (low skill level). Paying for travel expenses is quite normal in Germany though more and more are going for free of charge (but only large companies can do it). Billing you the 2nd travel expense is kinda over the top in my eyes. Should stick to the first only. The customer should be charged afterwards only if the customer is at fault (not onsite for an appointment etc).

bb

Eesti
Communication & Recruiting Officer

Re: The World we live in

Post by Eesti » Thursday 10. March 2016, 15:10

....Party pooper, BB....
Communication & Recruiting Officer