How is it by your side?

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
bierbaer
Co-Founder

Re: How is it by your side?

Post by bierbaer » Wednesday 8. April 2020, 15:27

Ahhh the toilet paper panic buys debunked

bb

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Wednesday 8. April 2020, 16:05

S! The guy is correct but (no pun attended) people are still going out and trying to hoard it. Yesterday we went to Aldi and they were only letting you get one pack of toilet paper. So we saw a bunch of people in line with it. When we walked outside, they all walked to the same truck and put all the ones they bought in the same car and drove off.

We went to the recycling place yesterday to put all the cardboard that we collected from deliveries in the bin. My daughter, 6, said she needed to pee and we asked if she could go in and use the bathroom. They said no, that it would break the social distancing rule. They handed us a page of news paper and told us to take her behind building. We went to the car instead, and drove across street to construction site and used port a potty and then used hand sanitizer to clean here up and then bath when we arrived home.

There are 2 news outlets on tv, that act just like him. OAN is the worst. Stands for " One America News" Just to show how how many people are just like him and the ones who voted for him do not see anything wrong with what he is saying. Just embarrassing.

Side note. My wife hasnt talked to her dad in months. He told her he voted for trump. She said why would you do that. You have a family full of girls and he thinks woman dont have the right to speak and should just give in. Womanizing. Plus all his grand kids are girls as well. When she asked if he would vote for him again, he said yes and plans on re electing him for another term. He is retired airforce. Just to show how peoples minds are here.

bierbaer
Co-Founder

Post by bierbaer » Wednesday 8. April 2020, 16:29

Yep there was a great report by John Oliver in regards to OANN just couple days ago:

bb

NY75
Noob

Post by NY75 » Wednesday 8. April 2020, 19:46

This whole pandemic has people going nuts. I am just sitting here drinking beer and BBQ'ing, Work for me has ground to a total stop, so making the best out of it.

Just hoping that the end is near

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Thursday 9. April 2020, 19:06

S! Yeah my wifes company says maybe by Sept it should be good. The only problem is, you relax to soon and then you have another outbreak and it could even be worse than the first. Best bet is to wait it out to where you dont have any rise in new cases and wait for others to get well. Then wait another month, then start opening things up. The last things to open would be amusement parks, restaurants and beaches. This way if an outbreak comes back, these places are the most crowded and the other places will be more manageable if it was to spring up again.

Side note BB. John Oliver is awesome. We watch it every time it airs eating diner. Also another note which is even worse, is that the last polls done, trump would be re-elected again which is very sorry for us considering how he acts and was almost impeached. Ill try to find poll after kids done with computer.

dwalin

Post by dwalin » Thursday 9. April 2020, 22:23

Wish me luck because I go back to the hospital for my 2-week rotation starting Monday. I won't lie, I'm a bit nervous about it as cases here in Central IL continue to rise. I have full plans in place as I leave and come home every day. Change as soon as I walk in the door (in the laundry room) and toss my clothes immediately into the washing machine. We've got a nice little quarantine spot set up at home as well as a just in case.

Good to see so many folks doing well.

Eesti
Communication & Recruiting Officer

Post by Eesti » Friday 10. April 2020, 01:33

Wash your hands with soap for AT LEAST 20 seconds each time you can 😉
Stay safe Dwalin!
Don’t lick any patient!
Don’t put unknown or weird stuff in your mouth
Don’t kiss that ginger janitor no one trust
Purell isn’t edible

Guess tou should be good.....

Oh and don’t ever eat your boogers! Those are filled with bad salted stuff!!
Communication & Recruiting Officer

shagher

Post by shagher » Friday 10. April 2020, 06:32

Stay safe Dwalin!!!!

bierbaer
Co-Founder

Post by bierbaer » Thursday 23. April 2020, 17:25

This is currently going viral. roughly 500k views since I had a brief look at it the first time like 4 hours ago. Its at 1.655 million views right now

bb

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Sunday 26. April 2020, 22:29

S! Illinois has made the hit list for poison control for injecting house hold cleaners into veins by iv and by ingesting. Sad this is my home state. There are some states that have opened up for business and are allowing hair, restaurants and bowling to open back up. REALLY. BOWLING ALLEYS. I mean come on. You have to put your fingers in holes that other people are putting their fingers in. I just cant believe people are this dumb. My wife is a transplant organ donor nurse and supervisor. She says there is no way in hell this is over in a couple months. She still see's tons of cases daily that cant donate due to the virus infection that they contracted and died from. Just a sad country i live in.