Day 4 no internet

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
Hastien
Commanding Officer

Day 4 no internet

Post by Hastien » Friday 13. July 2018, 19:58

S! All. Ok it’s day 4 and I’m still without internet. I have Verizon fios and they have been here 4 days straight. For some reason they can no figure out, their modem/router will not connect to their own network. So far they have went thru 10 modems, 6 or more hard resets, reset of the outside system 5 times, replaced all the lines to house which is only one, 3 times. Funny thing is hooking it straight to my computer works great. Have done 4 release/renews. I keep trying to tell them check with the back office and check my account to make sure it is set up right. They don’t seem to be interested in what I’m saying. The 2 homes next to me are not having trouble connecting. But now they are down the street checking lines which makes no dam sense. The only thing they have not changed on house is their customer point of access box. Hopefully they change that and check back office soon. The last guy said it was my computer until I hooked it straight in and worked fine. I asked him to leave after 15 min arguing it wasn’t the computer and now have supervisor maintaince and a tech here now. Well somewhere here, they down road doing who knows what. Thanks for listening I’m getting really pissed. They have to leave at 3 which looks like I will be at day 5. Day 5 they won’t leave until it is resolved which brings me to my rant. You figure they would stay on first day until fixed not leave because you have no idea what’s wrong. Don’t get me wrong if the fiat guy can’t fix and wants to bring someone else smarter and his supervisor I’m ok with. But to bring the same tech and supervisor, you should have brought a better tech and supervisor. They left 2nd day at 1030 pm where I asked them to leave so family could sleep. The third day they didn’t show up until 5 and left at 9.

So in closing. If anyone has had this problem please let me know. I’m getting desperate and pissed. Hopefully your all having fun and I’m hoping to god they fix it so I can join in again tommorow.

njord88

Re: Day 4 no internet

Post by njord88 » Friday 13. July 2018, 20:10

S! hastien!

is your provider max-out on internet acess points?

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Saturday 14. July 2018, 21:36

S! All Yeah they finally fixed it. Day 5 and its only 1530 and still have time to spare. Well we finally found the problem. It was a card inside the Point of access box on the side of the house. For some reason or another, it was stopping lines 7 and 8 that kept sorting out. Would work fine straight to computer like before, but when hooked to router they shorted out. We replaced the card with a new one and it worked perfectly. But just to make sure the box wasnt causing the card to short out, we replaced the box as well. We also went ahead and replaced the grounding wire as well to make sure it wasnt bad.

So if you ever have something like this ask them to check their card inside their box and make sure it is good. Will see you in game tomorrow morning, going to spend tonight with next door neighbor 75 years old today, and spend it with her since she doesnt have family. Later.

Sko43

Post by Sko43 » Tuesday 17. July 2018, 17:22

5 days without net is something
but be in my place and live 2 weeks without it

Eesti
Communication & Recruiting Officer

Post by Eesti » Tuesday 17. July 2018, 19:53

Here, no phone (except satellite phone), no internet, no electricity, no water, no neighbors, no nothing.
...And I really hope wi-fi will never be available here!!
37201620-1.jpg
37201620-1.jpg (181.89 KiB) Viewed 12649 times

njord88

Post by njord88 » Tuesday 17. July 2018, 21:10

Eesti wrote:
Tuesday 17. July 2018, 19:53
Here, no phone (except satellite phone), no internet, no electricity, no water, no neighbors, no nothing.
...And I really hope wi-fi will never be available here!!
37201620-1.jpg
Nice Eesti!
this is 100km from me!! Today was 3ºC!!! To Cold for jungle mexicans like me

Eesti

Post by Eesti » Tuesday 17. July 2018, 21:11

you deserve it.