Wall

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
Hastien
Commanding Officer

Wall

Post by Hastien » Monday 19. March 2018, 21:45

S! All

I have not forgotten about the wall we did and i recorded. I just finished my first edit and the video is blotchy and blurry and would be hard and ugly to watch. Since i Do not know what is causing this problem, I will be trying again tonight to get it done and posted. It was a great work of art and I will be trying to get it done asap.

njord88

Re: Wall

Post by njord88 » Monday 19. March 2018, 22:19

why i cant pass this post?

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Monday 19. March 2018, 22:38

S! All

Ok for some reason the truck video is bad. The good thing is the fly over video is good and still works. There were a lot of people involved with building this wall for fun and a few Allies (not mentioning names) tried to ruin the fun only to be killed in the holes they made and buried beneath the wall.

Psych0

Post by Psych0 » Tuesday 20. March 2018, 12:00

Here is us building it.

Coastal

The "Great Wall" of SgtHenning

Post by Coastal » Tuesday 20. March 2018, 12:31

SgtHenning had a few minutes on his hands and decided to Supervise the construction of a "Great Wall" between Andenne and Eghezee to prevent enemy armor from taking over the high ground North of Andenne!

For your enjoyment, Psych0 made a video and posted it on youtube:
Along the way, we got to train new engineers on how to place PPO's and when they are needed and when they are not !

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Tuesday 20. March 2018, 18:42

S! See how when Mushinga is flying the bunkers actually drawn in and on mine, the bunkers only draw in by every 4 that i fly near. I wonder what is causing that on my video. Maybe i could see things better or get inf to drawn in faster if i knew what causes that.

njord88

Post by njord88 » Wednesday 21. March 2018, 00:45

so it dosent desappear over time??

i once try to do a huge Dick with sandbags, but when i was half way the first sandbag desappeared

Eesti
Communication & Recruiting Officer

Post by Eesti » Wednesday 21. March 2018, 15:01

Holy crap! you guys are just crazy!!! LMAO!!!

....but I like it!
Communication & Recruiting Officer

Syd
Voro's osito & forums admin

Post by Syd » Wednesday 21. March 2018, 15:08

the full wall is gone now...I guess CRS made a server reset or PPO dissapeared because nobody touched the bunkers in a while.
Yesterday, I made the north wall 300m longer with the help of some bluetags, it was 2,3km long and it took me 9 minutes walk from one side of the wall to the other. :lol:

Coastal

Post by Coastal » Wednesday 21. March 2018, 17:51

Currently, a PPO placed in game needs to be "touched" by a player every 3 hours or it disappears. The exact amount of time before disappearance has changed considerably since the introduction of PPO's....when originally introduced I remember gun emplacements disappearing after about 20 minutes...that timeframe makes any PPO placement a futile effort. Also, the exact nature of the distance between a live player and the PPO that ensures that it will stay up is not well understood. However, SgtHenning found out that a regimen actually "touching" the PPO every 3 hours or less kept it around rather permanently.

I hope that there wasn't some intentional action on the part of CRS to affect the wall.....:

1. Any PPO work is generally defensive in nature and the decision to spend time doing that removes resources from the front line fights! That is a balanced decision on the part of the side engaging those resources that this defense (like FB and town defense) takes resources away from the front line fights.

2. Placing a PPO is a function approved by CRS. Unlike placing a gun emplacement in front of an Allied vehicle spawn and other associated actions, the wall does not prevent ANYONE from crossing into and away from the town of Andenne. It only makes the effort more challenging. The allies tried at least once while I was around simply to drive around the wall and did so. The additional time it took to do so, however, allowed Axis more time to respond in a defensive manner!

3. The discussions, decisions and training provided by WHIPS folks to the Axis side during the Wall construction...made Axis players more aware of how they can utilize PPO's to their benefit in fighting offensively as well as defensively! That cannot be deemed a bad thing!

All of these comments IMHO!