House Repairs Complete

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
Hastien
Commanding Officer

House Repairs Complete

Post by Hastien » Sunday 18. March 2018, 23:37

S! All

Sorry I have not been in game much. Had to do some repairs to the house that really couldnt wait any longer. I had to replace the roof do to a couple bad areas from a storm a while back. Finished putting the cap on today so that is completed. I also had to redo the sewer pipe from house to the city. It had a bunch of root damage, from trees that we had removed a couple years back, and was stopping the drainage from the house. Since the county came to fix their end I did mine at same time so the inspector wouldnt cost me anything to check my repairs. I just finished the dye test to make sure all my joints are good and the county was nice enough to push the dirt back into the trench that I had to make in my yard. I maybe on tomorrow depending on how sore I am.

I wont finish the garden work I had started until after Thursday, since the wife is happy and gave me permission to wait. So hope to see you all soon and get back to playing.

dwalin

Re: House Repairs Complete

Post by dwalin » Monday 19. March 2018, 16:11

Mine are still going strong, which is why I haven't been in game much at all the last week or so. We have a guy coming to finish our floors tomorrow (we just ran out of days off work), but we've done almost 1200 sq feet of demo, cleanup, and install of new flooring so far

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Monday 19. March 2018, 21:07

S! Wish i was in area i would give you a hand. I finished ours in 2 days (slab), we had old carpet and removed that and started on putting in hardwood. turned out great. Stairs was a biatch, hopefully you dont have those. We had 1400 square ft total of hardwood. Lots of masks if taking up carpet, you cant imagine the amount of dirt and other things that are underneath a floor. Makes me feel sorry for the kids who crawled across it for so long. I also recommend putting stone at outside door openings. This will save your hardwood and all the work that your doing. Also look at noise suppression underlay, especially if you have pets. Since you have a child like i do i would also get the moisture barrier with it as well. Good luck and have fun.

At least your project doesnt require your wife hooking a harness up on ground and the support rope while your on a "A" frame roof hoping she did it right. Just remember their trying.

Coastal

Post by Coastal » Tuesday 20. March 2018, 23:45

Wow! You guys have been busy! And the good weather is not even here yet....LOL! Cya guys in game soon I hope! I spent 6 hours maintaining the North and South Andenne walls today while sgthenning got some well deserved sleep!