magic the gathering

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
njord88

magic the gathering

Post by njord88 » Sunday 17. January 2016, 18:12

S!
Does anyone here play MTG?

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Re: magic the gathering

Post by Hastien » Monday 18. January 2016, 02:08

Hate to say yes especially at my age, but yeah. Only problem is, wife just had me get rid of all my cards. Twelve boxes worth (boxes had 3 rows was bigger than shoe box) I didn't sell, i took them to a local card tournament and gave boxes away for winning. Had a lot of fun and most of the kids were really excited about getting the cards as a gift. I also gave away 12 first release packs when gathering came out. Most tournaments do not allow you to use them, but sometimes they have a grandfather class tourney and those are exciting. Stupid wife.

Eesti
Communication & Recruiting Officer

Post by Eesti » Monday 18. January 2016, 06:00

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Communication & Recruiting Officer

njord88

Post by njord88 » Monday 18. January 2016, 17:34

LOL!!! So u just gave away a Ford Fiesta for the kids!! lol
did you have black lotus?

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Tuesday 19. January 2016, 18:35

Yes i had 3 of those cards. Like i said on T/S, it isn't about the money. Most of the kids that got the cards were very grateful and didn't have much money to get cards. I worked with most of the store owners and picked out kids from a lot of different areas to give away most of the bulk of cards. I did have 12 1st addition starter packs that weren't open and gave those as prizes for most of the winners as a bonus gift. The lotus cards were hidden in 3 different boxes which my wife did so i wouldn't play favoritism. i also gave away 6 of my Serre Angel cards and 12 lighting bolts all first additions. My favorite cards were the reds, but i loved my green combo cards of lure,destroy and rebirth. Lure brings all creatures to attack it, destroy kills all creatures that attack it with less health (could spend mana cards for more health) and regeneration (cost of 1 mana) brings the creatures back to life under your control. problem is getting them all out on table and keeping them there. I do have 3 red cards left that are my favorites that wife let me keep. It made me really happy seeing the excited faces of the kids that got cards. Wouldn't have done it any differently.

bierbaer
Co-Founder

Post by bierbaer » Tuesday 19. January 2016, 19:16

I didnt understand a word of what you just said but kudos to you to give it away for free and make some kids happy

bb

njord88

Post by njord88 » Tuesday 19. January 2016, 21:58

Hastien has a good heart!! Honesty you did the right thing.
I love to play with the red and white, i have a Goblin deck super fast killed, and a all white deck that dosent win, but makes the other player mad as hell! lol