4k and 1920x1080

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
Hastien
Commanding Officer

4k and 1920x1080

Post by Hastien » Wednesday 18. October 2017, 04:03

S! Some of you were asking if the 4k helps with the game and I wanted to show you how is see the graphics of the game and why i really dont think they are that bad. The first video will be in 4k. Now the video doesnt allow me to record in true 4k its a 1000 off but it still looks like mine. now the second video is in 1920 x 1080. I also show how i deal with the night time and switch monitor to racing mode to get rid of night time, but doing this makes things a bit blurry. In the distance you really see a difference with the trees as well as bushes and picking out tanks. In 4k mode you actually see the ei laying down on bridge, you wont see him again in the other even though he is still there. I hope you like the videos, its a lot easier to pick out things farther out and in bushes in 4k than 1920.

Remember as well, if your thinking about getting a 4k monitor, you video card will determine the type you want to get. AMD type video cards use a Free-Sync style monitor and a Pentium video card uses a G-sync style. The monitor even allows you to use a supper zoom button on the side to allow you to zoom in further. I have this turned off because i think it gives and unfair advantage. Now if you significant other buys you one for Christmas and it doesnt match your video card, no worries. It still works like it supposed to work, you just be able to download and use some of the special addons like the super zoom and such, which i dont care about anyway. I now have both style monitors and hooked them up to different machines for the test and the videos i just shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-rtBYXQCmw

1920 x 1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-13Uzwvdbs&t=36s
Last edited by Hastien on Wednesday 18. October 2017, 04:09, edited 1 time in total.

bierbaer
Co-Founder

Re: 4k and 1920x1080

Post by bierbaer » Wednesday 18. October 2017, 08:56

Yep, looks really sharp compard to 1920x1080!

bb