Video editor

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
Hastien
Commanding Officer

Video editor

Post by Hastien » Monday 4. September 2017, 01:20

!S

Hey Syd, what program are you using for the video editing. I was trying out shotcut program but it will not allow headers and such. Want to edit some of the footage I have to small amounts before I try to post them or send them so we can try to make some video footage. I'm also trying to get footage of everyone in the squad and as well make some real short video clips on training newbies on how to do things. Thanks

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Re: Video editor

Post by Hastien » Monday 4. September 2017, 01:25

!S.

Hey do we want to have game sound only or both game and discord or no sound and just use music. My capture will not mute game or discord no matter what. So if it's just music. I will know to set up everything or remove sound before saving files. Just want to be on same page with you so we have a guideline to follow. Thanks. I also know your not home so this is not a hurry type thing. Enjoy and I will just record for now.

Sko43

Post by Sko43 » Monday 4. September 2017, 09:10

a good video editor is VideoPad.
as for the sound thing, im not sure if you can set the audio from the game and the audio from discord on 2 separate lines on the video editor ...

bierbaer
Co-Founder

Post by bierbaer » Monday 4. September 2017, 09:42

You would need to record the game or disord with a separate device to have two audio sources and therefore being able to split them later on.

bb

Hastien
Commanding Officer

Post by Hastien » Monday 4. September 2017, 18:11

S! yeah was messing around with my sound card and figured out what needs to be done audio wise. Did we want game sound in the game, it is very loud. I am going to leave out the discord sound, due to a lot of stuff in discord does not need to be in video. As for the game sound, i got it to lower down once (can not replicate) but i think sounds from game and music would be a bit much, so I am going for music only and will leave discord and actual game sound out for now. What do you all think?

bierbaer
Co-Founder

Post by bierbaer » Monday 4. September 2017, 18:54

Depends on the content. Discord chatter can make a scene really realistic and dramatic, especially when NJ is capping a city cp!
You can decide video per video how you set it up.

bb