WTH

Discuss anything and everything that is NOT about WHIPS or WWIIOL in here...
Hastien
Commanding Officer

WTH

Post by Hastien » Wednesday 12. July 2017, 01:29

S! Whips

Were is the logic. Our power company in its infinite wisdom has went around and placed controllers on residential homes where they can turn off power to your ac units during the hottest parts of the day to not over tax the power grid. They will give you $40 at the end of the year. Problem one, its hot as crap inside the house (currently 98) and is even hotter upstairs. they are to turn it off and on throughout the day so you only go down 4 degrees and then turn it back on to get back to your temp. Problem 2, they havent turned it back on all day and the temp in house is soaring. So they give you $40 at end of year, but you spend more electrical wise trying to get house back to a comfortable level. So how is this saving you money, its not. Its only to help the power grid and the electrical company and the business throughout the day. Problem 3. This is only supposed to happen between the hours of 1100 and 1730 (11/530) and only on real hot days, which is anything over 92. Problem is, they turned it off at 1000 and is going on 1930 (730) and they just told my air condition people that it will not be turned back on until temp is below 92. Currently still 98.

If your power grid is not sufficient enough to handle the load, then why not upgrade your power grid, or make solar energy more affordable so people who would love to help out can. Also i just found out you cannot put to much power back onto the grid, if using solar panels, or you will be fined by the power company. Something like 10mj or something. Please dont quote me on that i didnt write it down when talking to solar panel people. So if were over taxing the dam grid, then why not lift the amount you can put back onto grid once batteries, if using, are full. This make no dam sense to me. Upgrade the dam grid already. I really do wish solar energy was more affordable or give you a tax cut for installing a solar or wind or even water type power to your home.

Sorry for this rant, but it is hot as crap, the baby is soaked from sweat and it is very uncomfortable in the house. I just turned o computer so i could check in on you guys worrying about my 2 expensive computers baking in the heat.

Eesti i hate to say this, but please let it snow.

njord88

Re: WTH

Post by njord88 » Wednesday 12. July 2017, 03:05

Whaaat the hell??

In Brasil you can choose to sell the excess energy or waste it (dosent go to powergrid).

Solar power or wind power here is not that very expensive, my father wanted to put on the country house, would cost about R$6000,00 (1800 dollars), we did not put it, because we got a solar water heating system that can heat pool and shower for R$1000,00 (300 dollars).

solar painels
https://www.submarino.com.br/produto/23 ... king_rec=4

Eesti
Communication & Recruiting Officer

Re: WTH

Post by Eesti » Wednesday 12. July 2017, 13:06

Careful what you wish for, Hastien my friend......
Communication & Recruiting Officer